IOS 4.1 iPhone 3GS and iSimple

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nevorask, Sep 18, 2010.

1. nevorask macrumors newbie

I purchased the iSimple "ipod/iphone gateway" device and had it installed at Best Buy. It a device that is installed into a car stereo to play the music. It uses an auxillary source (where you would put a disc changer etc). It's been awesome to date. I recently updated my iPhone to IOS 4.1. My phone doesn't sync up with the iSimple device anymore. I know it's not a problem with the iSimple device; I have a friend that's still on 4.0.1 and it works like a charm. I have docked my iPhone to other docking stations and it works fine, so it shouldn't be a problem with my phone.

When I plug it into the iPhone in my vehicle, I see my stereo show "ipod is connected" and then "ipod is not connected" and goes back and forth. I see the screen on my iphone flashing back and forth also.

Wondering if anyone out there is using the iSimple device that has run into the same issue as me.

I want to revert back to the previous IOS, but it's pretty much impossible these days with itunes 10.

:confused:

2. cfairbank macrumors 6502

What phone and which software did you update from when you went to 4.1. I have the iSimple gateway as well but have not updated to 4.1 at this time. However I can tell you that when I went from my 3GS to my 4 my iSimple would not work. I had to buy a circuit board for about $30 from iSimple to make it work with my 4. If you do a search on google you can find some more information.