iOS 4.1 not syncing photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zachcheatham, Sep 9, 2010.

1. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

I just updated to iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 via a restore because I was jailbroken, but now iTunes doesn't seem to want to sync down my iPhoto pictures and videos onto my iphone. All the things that were in my Camera Roll before are still there and I can easily put them into iPhoto. When it gets to the photo syncing part in iTunes, it just gives me an error (see picture).

What do I do?!?!

[​IMG]

2. zachcheatham thread starter macrumors regular

zachcheatham

3. Jaae macrumors newbie

Solved this problem for myself

Had the exact same problem after updating my iphone 4 to iOS 4.1. Interestingly, it'd sync certain albums, but not others.

Previous to the update, I had no problems syncing my aperture photo albums.

Tried reinstalling itunes 10.0 (had just installed 10.0.1 too). Didn't help.

Eventually it dawned on me that I had just added 4 photos to a smart album around the same time that the sync didn't work.
    Since it was just 4 pictures, I removed them from the smart album, and it sync'd fine!
    Then re-added them one at a time back to the album... syncing in between each add. Eventually found the offending photos. Just "made duplicates" of the offending photos via Aperture's "Make Duplicate from this Version" (or something like that). Added the newly-made duplicates to the smart album... boom.

I guess if you don't want to go through the hassle of sifting through a large album, you could just select them all and duplicate them all into another album, then sync the new album.

Hope this helps!

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

On windows go to my photos, and delete ipod photo cache

On Mac go to pictures, my right click on iphoto library and show package content, and delete ipod cache

After you have deleted the file, just sync you iphone and you should be good to go...