iOS 4.1 Release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Jul 20, 2010.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Hey there. Does anyone (devs probably) know more or less how long apple keeps iOS (and former iPhone OS) releases in beta and how long iOS 4.1 has been in beta? I'd really like to get an idea as to more or less when 4.1 could be released. I won't get into details, but I really "need" it to either be released in 3 weeks or later or tomorrow basically lol. Tomorrow doesn't seem very realistic so I'm just hoping it won't be released any time soon. Does anyone have an educated (based on previous releases/beta testing period lengths, etc) as to when iOS 4.1 will be released? Thaks.:)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My educated guess, early September, no sooner. The X.1 update comes out with the release of the next gen iPod Touch. Which comes out early September.

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

No one can say for sure, but I'd assume mid september or later. If you really "need" it - pay the annual fee for a developer account and get the beta.

4. MrPenguin9 macrumors member

Thaks? lol jk It came out 6 days ago. So I don't think it's coming very soon. I'd say definitely after the 3 weeks.

5. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

You misunderstood me. What I meant was I would like for it to be released after 3 weeks or later, if it has to be released earlier than 3 weeks , then I hope it's released tomorrow.

6. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

7. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Ah, yes, I misunderstand what you were asking. It'll be much more longer than 3 weeks for the release.

8. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Special in my book is the full AVRCP BT stack which among many other things finally allows BT headsets to have full next/prev track control of the ipod. It also paves the way for 3rd party device developers to really provide tight BT integration with iOS.

One thing I will say is that for a first beta, 4.1 is very stable.