Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
With the iPhone finally coming to all these new countries on Friday the 30th do you think they will be shipped with the ios 4.1 software that is supposed to fix the proximity sensor issue along with a bunch of others?

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
No your all missing what I'm saying...

There are new shipments opening up in new countries starting Friday... Canada is one of those new countries. I'm hoping they are going to A) release ios 4.1 on Friday and B) those new phones will have it pre installed

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Nobody knows when iOS 4.1 is coming. I doubt its going to be soon as we haven't seen the usual increase in developer seeds that we normally would.

Even if it does, the chances of it being installed on iPhones already packaged up is minimal as the bugs are still being worked out.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

There are new shipments opening up in new countries starting Friday... Canada is one of those new countries. I'm hoping they are going to A) release ios 4.1 on Friday and B) those new phones will have it pre installed

Doubtful there has only been one beta. I think we will maybe see 4.0.2

futbalguy

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007

The phones had to be prepared weeks ago. They will not have 4.1 in them.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
No phones will ship with 4.1 anywhere until Apple officially releases 4.1 to the public. Once released, I'm sure any phones being produced from there on will ship with the newest firmware.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
One would think that they have a dedicated Genius rep that quietly updates all the firmware in the refurb boxes after the store closes. Damn him!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.