iPod touch IOS 4.1 Still being signed?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Regez, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Regez macrumors newbie

Hello everybody. Quick question, is IOS 4.1 still being signed? I'm thinking of trying a new downgrade method with 4.1. Thanks, Regez.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A few people have has luck with a 3Gs or iPod Touch 3G 4.1 SHSH blob getting signed. But most haven't been able to get them.

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

I have had luck restoring to it before. Have not tried since.

4. hackdroid macrumors newbie

To answer your question, no.

For my person experience, I did try to downgrade my iPod touch 4G (it came preinstalled with iOS 4.1 but i made a mistake to upgrading it to 4.2.1) to 4.1 and it didn't work. I did manage to get a tethered downgrade, but that was buggy and so i restored to iOS 4.2.1.

So, unless someone learns how to generate random SHSH files for a specific device and trick iTunes into thinking it's signing 4.1 when it's not, your out of luck :'(

5. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

iOS 4.1 is able to be downgraded to on an iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3G and I am sure of the 3GS. I am not sure about the iPod Touch 4G.

6. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

hi guys, do you know which ios 4.x version is still being signed by apple? i have an iphone 4 with ios 5.0. need to downgrade to any 4x version. thanks.

7. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

iOS 4.2.1 for iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G. [Signed]

Why downgrade the iPhone 4 from iOS 5 that has so many good features? [Better Notifications, iMessage, UI changes, etc]