iOS 4.1 YouTube Upload Test HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkCooz, Sep 8, 2010.

1. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Please check out the video.
    This is what your upload will look like when you send it straight to YouTube via iPhone 4.
    Click the 720p to watch in HD! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedIYdCK_Jk

It's not too bad of a quality... hopefully it'll get better in an hour or so. just recently uploaded around 10 min ago

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

nice! Have you checked out HDR photos yet? They're pretty amazing. This video is awesome though! I'm happy they finally implemented this.

3. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

YES! I've tried it soon as my iPhone was finished updating!
    first thing i had to do was HDR. lol

New video iOS4.1 Coverage will be uploaded tomorrow or tonight if everyone is loving the other video posted earlier!

4. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

I mean no offence and this is purely attacking apple....

the quality is really terrible...very pixilated and brightness keeps changing. I did change the viewing to 720p but still it was bad.

oh dear apple!

Thanks for being bold enough to test this out

6. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

YEAH! I strongly agree with this. but hopefully there will be a fully potential fix for this upload... 4.2 hopefully

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I think the upload is much improved compared to 4.0x.
    And I see the brightness going from light to dark because he's walking in the sun, then into shadows then in the sun, etc. The camera aperture is doing what it's supposed to.
    I think it's a great job.... It's a phone, not a high end video camera. And it's doing a great job for something we can put into our pocket.

8. dennisj00 macrumors member

I tend to agree that it's very good for a phone . . . probably need to remember to pan sloooo .wly for best performance.

It's possible you're getting some of the pixelazation from a low download speed.

Just had a friend buy one of the $200 pocket video cameras and it doesn't look as good. Have been trying to get him to convert from his BB.

9. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

i mean i'm satisfied enough. but if it was uploaded through a computer, i'm sure it'll be even better.

But upload straight from iPhone, i'm pretty satisfied with it. :D
    BUT. it could still use a fix for some pixelation. (or maybe it's just YouTube)?

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It sounds folks were viewing the videos too soon. YouTube has to process them after uploading. Neither one looks pixelated now.

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

the 720p still looks far worse than what I'm making on my iPhone 4 though. :/

12. Absolem macrumors regular

bah, how about not moving the camera contiously! The camera isn't like a normal video camera, its a picture camera so its not going to look good when your panning around quickly. Pause for a few seconds to get a good picture.