iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak not works:(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oink22, May 28, 2016.

1. oink22 macrumors newbie

I have an 3g with 4.2.1 that has jailbreak tweaks not working even after a fresh restore:(
    PLZ HELP

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

You might get better help if you explain a little bit better. From what i gather, you have a jailbroken 4.2.1 iPhone 3G.

You say that the tweaks are not working, after a fresh restore. I am assuming you re-jailbroke after the fresh restore, and installed the said tweaks.

What exactly is not working, (i.e. the phone won't boot, you get a bootloop, airdrop enabler doesn't work)?

You might check, if it is a specific tweak that is not working, that it is compatible with your device The normal repos, will not let you install a non-compatible tweak in most cases. If you use a less than reputable repo, it may allow you to install an incompatible tweak.

Keep in mind also, the device and IOS version are really old, so a lot of newer tweaks may not function with that IOS version.

In of off chance that you did NOT re-jailbreak after your fresh restore, then that would be why your tweaks are not working.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

After a fresh restore you have to JB again and install all the hacks again.
    ios 4 is over 5 years old so many hacks and addons you find on cydia most likely will not work on that old JB ios version.

4. oink22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did jailbraked the device but the problem is that tweaks not havent been updated work on ios 5 but not on 4.2.1.
    This tweak is labelslider. On this tweak information it says it supports ios 4 and 5. I don't know whats going on.
    Jailbreaked with redsn0w 0.9.15b3. The tweaks don't show up in settings app.
    Please help!

5. oink22 thread starter macrumors newbie

The problemw as preferenceloader old version helped:p