iOS 4.2.1 music/setting bug

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SoraLimit, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SoraLimit macrumors regular

When music is playing in the background, and I go to the setting app (either in the multitasking bar or just directly from the home screen), it immediately stops my music. I just noticed it today, and I was wonder if you guys who updated their iPod/iPhone to 4.2.1 had the same problem.

It's just weird that a simple bug was overlooked in the final release...

2. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mine works fine. Music and settings going on at the same time right now. Works fine.

3. redAPPLE, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011

redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i have the same problem. i start to play music, then i wanted to search the web, for say, lyrics to that song, and the music stops.

it seems, that the multitasking does not work well.

edit: This problem occurs on my iPad.

edit #2: just read about this on engadget. "One weird behavior we noticed is that if you begin watching video and then single tap your home button to go back to your homescreen, your content will stop playing, but if you use multitasking to switch out to another application and then go back home, you'll be fine. It's not clear if this is intentional or not, but it was a little jarring off the bat.