iOS 4.2.1 Ring/Text tones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by arvistatom, Dec 1, 2010.

1. arvistatom macrumors newbie

The scoop: I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1. Jailbroke it but it really sucked. Downgraded back to 4.1. The only thing I liked about 4.2 was the new ring and text tones.
    The favor: Will some awesome person SSH them and upload them to a site where I can download them and put them on my phone? Or better yet, does someone know where/if they are out there already?
    Thanks.

2. eddiemarino macrumors newbie

I'm not very happy with the default Text Tones that are included in iPhone iOS 4.2.1.

Apple iOS should allow us to customize Text Tones from the same Ringtone library.

I bought some ringtones but cannot seem to be apply them to my Text Tones. It would be great if I can apply my OWN custom tones to the Text Tones.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Quick google search will give you about 10 sources on the first 2 pages of results. Here is one

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

WOW. I can honestly say that all those tones suck. Though I do kinda like the Sherwood Forest one. I'll blast that in the next meeting and see how the crowd responds :D

5. Norcalchavo macrumors regular

does anyone know the easiest way to add these .caf text tones to my jailbroken ip4 4.1?

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you know how to use WinSCP/CyberDuck or some other SSH program, use that. If you don't get iPhoneExplorer or DiskAid which connect through USB.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

iFile Web server is also an easy option, all you need is iFile on your phone and any computer connected to the same network.

8. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.1 and just downloaded these custom text tones. I have phoneview with the advanced disk mode enabled so I can see all the system files. How do I install these text tones without replacing the original text tones? (yes I googled, all that came up was to rename and replace the existing text tones... :( )

9. arvistatom thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, is there a way to add NEW text tones? i know how to replace the original 6. but how do i add the 4.2.1 tones to my existing 4.1 tones?

10. arvistatom thread starter macrumors newbie

11. arvistatom thread starter macrumors newbie

12. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

Does anyone know of a Cydia package/repo that has these new tones?