iOS 4.2.2 battery life is terrible!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ohsnap, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ohsnap macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad and on both these devices, the battery life drains way too fast. It's worse in the iPhone, I can leave a fully charged device over night, but when I come to collect it in the morning, its down to 40%. The iPad will lose between 25-35% charge if left unattended for the same duration. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: that should be 4.2.1, I can't change the title.

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

That's odd, I think you have some app on both that is draining life while you aren't using it. I know I can leave my ipad using 4.2.1 overnight and it won't go down at all. Can't speak for the iphone yet.

Try turning off your wireless when you leave it? I always turn off my wifi and data before setting them down for an extended time.

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Huh, weird, my battery life has been phenomenal on 4.2.2

4. pcunite macrumors member

5. el-John-o macrumors 65816

I leave Wi-Fi and 3G on, have push setup for my e-mail and a variety of other non-battery-efficient things, and overnight (8 hours) I lose 5-6%, sometimes more sometimes less.

I know the issue has been resolved for you but maybe that can be an idea of what type of performance you SHOULD be experiencing.