iOS 4.2 and Deleted Songs (3gs)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nxent, Nov 24, 2010.

1. nxent macrumors 6502

updated my 3gs to ios 4.2 last night. now all the songs from iphone are gone. of course i didn't notice this until just now, at work, away from my itunes library. anyone else have this issue? all my apps, emails, photos, etc seem to be unaffected. i'm just slighly agitated i gotta go through the day without music.

2. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

I had that problem with my 3GS. It was solved by resyncing with iTunes. It sucks, but it looks like you'll be without music until you can get home and sync.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yep, same with me at my family. We have a 3G, 3GS, and my 4. All of them updated great, but all the music, etc. were gone. Just had to resync it one time and its all back. Not sure why.

But I noticed that the music must not be missing because the resync doesn't copy them back and only takes about 2 minutes. Maybe it just finds the playlists and makes them available again.

4. nxent thread starter macrumors 6502

yeh i probably should have checked the threads on this before updating. is what i get for being an early adopter.

but you're actually right.. according to the general usage, songs are still there, just not showing up in the ipod-

5. toypadlock macrumors member

if you connect it to any computer with itunes, play a song on the iphone through itunes, hit sync and then cancel before it actually does anything you'll get them all back. i did that today from work.

6. J400uk macrumors regular

Had the same here with my iPad, syncing with iTunes fixed the problem.

7. Appdict macrumors regular

Plug in your phone and play a song from your actual phone in iTunes (Devices>Music) and your phone will start syncing. The music isn't gone, the phone just needs to see that the music actually IS there.

8. missygal Guest

missygal

I have iPhone 4 and just noticed my music is gone as well. Oh well guess I'll be doing another sync.

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yep, the songs are all there. But for some reason the database on the iPhone isn't jiving up with whats there. A resync puts things all right with the world again. ;)

10. beyondtrouble macrumors newbie

I have this right now... however, running a sync did nothing and it still isnt recognizing my sync music. I have not one single song that I can get back on my phone. all of them.. whooosh ... gone.

Sucks because no one so far has been able to offer me some help and I think I'm crazy because it seems like I am the only one having this problem.

11. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

delete a song from any playlist then resync