iOS 4.2 beta question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Applenewstoday, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Applenewstoday macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I want to download iOS 4.2 beta on my iPad, but I've read on here that some apps don't work. How often will my apps have issues? The 3 apps I use most are TextNow, Pages, and IM+ lite. Has anyone tested any of these? I really want to upgrade because I really want/need some of the iOS 4 features (combined mail, wireless printing, folders, etc) but I want those apps to work for me.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If you rely on apps to work, don't upgrade until the developers say they are ready for the new OS.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Good luck. Unless you have a printer that supports wireless printing, then you ALSO need the OS X beta.

Also, as far as apps go, it's up in the air really. It's a beta.

4. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Your post is completely indicative of someone who should not be using a beta OS. Its a beta for a reason, you don't "need" any feature, and november is right around the corner. Just wait

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

6. Applenewstoday thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

If I do it, is there a way to downgrade, or would I be stuck with a beta until November?

7. Ksane macrumors regular

Yes, you can downgrade again but the fact that you're even asking these questions tells me you haven't done enough reading and understanding to be messing with it. Research until you understand it because nobody should have to hold your hand and walk you through it.

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

+1

Out of curiosity I tried all three Betas just to get a feel of what's to come in November. With every Beta the core functinalities were ironed out but the apps that I needed to work, never did.

So there's nothing wrong with waiting till November.