iOS 4.2 issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Applenewstoday, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Applenewstoday macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I decided to make the upgrade to iOS 4.2 beta 3 about 2 weeks ago, and it's been working great and perfectly, without errors. Well last night, it froze up, so I reset it, and it was working fine except the battery died.... REALLY fast. It was around 9 so I turned off all my running apps, and just plugged it in, thinking it would be at 100% by morning. It went from 10% to 24% in 8 hours, and I kept it in for the day while I went to school. I got home at 3, and it had only charged 20%..... why is this? Should I reset the iPad again? Is it the OS?

2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Downgrade it back to make sure it's not a hardware issue

3. Applenewstoday thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I reset it, and its charging normally now.... That was a weird error.

4. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

Apple will soon hold a press event where they explain that tablets aren't perfect and that their algorithm wrong "totally wrong". They will then issue a software update that makes the battery icon a little longer. They will also offer free "Apple Battery Extender Kit" if you apply in a dedicated iPad app that won't load because you're iPad thinks the battery is dead.

I can just see it!

5. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

You aren't a developer, and the 4.2 BETA is only meant for developers testing their applications. The software isn't meant for general use. Restore to iOS for dummies.

6. Applenewstoday thread starter macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I am a registered app dev, I'm just still figuring out Xcode and such (I haven't played with it much) and I also wanted a taste of iOS 4.2, so I got the beta. I don't really mind if I have to downgrade, because November is seriously right around the corner. So if I do get this error again (which it's starting to look like I am) I will simply downgrade.