iOS 4.2 New Multitasking Bar

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Nov 22, 2010.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

2. bob616 macrumors 6502

that bar in the picture is only for the ipad.
    3rd and 4th generation ipod touch's have a multi tasking bar but it does not include the brightness control.

3. pukifloyd, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Damn I thought there will be brightness control in the multitask bar for the ipod too :(
    oh well...
    Edit: just noticed they have the volume control in the multitaking bar for the ipod
    Maybe they can also put a brightness controll bar in the next update

4. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I also wanted brightness controls in the multitasking bar...That's the only reason I updated like 2 minutes ago.

Why would ANYONE think we needed volume controls there when we have physical buttons to control volume (not to mention volume controls in the music app and also accessible by the lock screen)

I just sent feedback to apple about this. Seems like it would have been obvious to include brightness controls like they did with the iPad but guess not.

Honestly i like my ipod a lot but these kind of limitations are why I'm positive I won't be getting an iphone when it comes time to jump on the smartphone bandwagon.

5. r2fa3l macrumors regular

i believe they didnt add that considering the screen is too small for all those buttons

6. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Not sure if I believe the "too small" thing. I mean, how large do we really need to see a "brightness" icon or symbol. I believe Apple should have included this feature in the ipod touch 4g version as well. I was shocked when I double-clicked the home button and it wasn't there... Only the original multi-tasking area.

7. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I agree, Saturn1217. I only rushed to get the update because I thought this functionality would be present on the ipod touch as well. Not happy...

8. Brradley macrumors member

I agree, I would much prefer to have brightness in the multitasking bar, with physical buttons on the side, and access to the volume via the music app, or double clicking the home button while locked. While going into settings to change brightness is a bit of a faff.

9. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

I don't see anything after update, Can someone say me who have 3rd gen iPod touch and just have voice memos change and no anything more,:confused:please HELP?:confused: