iOS 4.2 Thoughts!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DeathlyGust, Nov 3, 2010.

1. DeathlyGust macrumors newbie

I think that iOS 4.2 for the iPad is really going to boost it's reviews and the like. :apple: has been disliked by people who have trolled on iPad's lack of folders, no printing, and no multitasking. Now iPad will finally have those, just still no camera for FaceTime, but that will almost for sure be in the iPad 2. The multitasking is mainly what killed the iPad in so many reviews people made. They are always saying "Almost decided not to buy the iPad because of the lack of multitasking and flash! I could have gotten a netbook for less money that had flash and multitasking." Well, that is true, indeed, but the iPad in my opinion was the good way to go. Eventually people are going to have to make a presentation in PowerPoint or Keynote, so why no do it on an iPad? It is faster, more portable, and has Keynote rather than PowerPoint. Now, some people may be PC fans and they probably would get a PC tablet. No us Mac people can't change their minds, but we can show them how easy, fun, productive, and intuitive Keynote for iPad is. You can also export it to your iPad to send in an email, or upload it to the Apple cloud system, MobileMe.com with MobileMe.com you can make a presentation on your iPad, then export it to MobileMe.com and work on it at your house on your iMac, then you can export it with the changes to MobileMe.com and then go on a business trip. You can download it at the airport with MobileMe.com and then go on your flight and edit it, then export it all back to MobileMe and give the presentation. Sorry, getting carried away. Anyways, the AirPrint feature will be really important too. Let's say you need to type a project or something for school, but someone else already beat you to the computer. If you have an iPad you could use Pages for iPad, but ten you would just have to email it back to another computer, then print it... NOT ANYMORE! With AirPrint you just click export, print, choose the printer, and BAM! Instant print. That is if you have a wireless printer. I think this will be super useful. One thing in iOS 4.2 that may be a little irritating is the change of the rotation lock button to a mute button. Don't worry, you'll still be able to lock your iPad's rotation, just double click the home button, slide the little multitasking bar to the left and click the rotation button. I wish :apple: made a feature where you can turn on and off if the button becomes a mute button or rotation lock. That's all that's on my mind, leave comments below telling me what you think about iOS 4.2 for iPad!

2. toolioiep macrumors member

I'm assuming that you're hoping iOS 4.2 has an enter key....

If so, I have some great news for you and those who try to read any of your future posts!

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Yeah I'm not sure what's worse, that or when people quote really long posts unnecessarily.