IOS 4.2 Wishlist for 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Darwing, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Darwing macrumors 6502

Hey guys, there have been some really succesfull apps for the 3GS since 4.1 came out and am hoping to have them implimented inthe upcoming 4.2 without the jailbreak!

* the HD 1080 video recording should be a normal function of the 3GS, Since it's capable of taking that video I don't understand why Apple wouldnt have it functioning...

* faceit, its the 3GS version of facetime, I understand they want people to buy the IP4, but you can still have some functionality on the 3GS

* HDR, this is just a calculation and 3 consecutive pictures taken together, I know the 3GS is capable of this as well.

I'm fairly certain non of these slow it down past the acceptancy of apple... I use the HD video and Faceit right now and they both run flawlessly...

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

1) No
    2) FaceTime on a 3GS is asinine
    3) I agree with you on this one. Pro HDR will do this for you quite well though.

3. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

1. The 3GS doesn't have a HD sensor so how is that possible?
    2. Whats the point in Face time on the 3GS if you can't see who your speaking too because the phone has to be facing away from you?
    3. This would be easy to implement. Agreed

4. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

1 - there are SEVERAL articles and its in the hardware that the camera is capable of doing 720p VIDEO

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kit-eaton/technomix/iphone-3g-s-hardware-can-record-video-720p-so-why-doesnt-it

just take a look around and see how to enable 720p video recording on your 3GS, its simple and it WORKS!! I'm use it every day! so y not?

5. Scuby macrumors regular

That's not what you asked for in your first post - you said it should do "HD 1080", which is not the same thing.

David

6. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

the IP4, doesnt even do 1080... sorry so now why wont the IOS 4.2 come with 720 Video?