Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
anyone? i have upgraded my iPhone 4 to 4.3.2 and jailbroken it with redsn0w RC14.

i wanna install 3g unrestrictor and springtomize, does anybody have any idea if those apps work on the 4.3.2?

thanks. and let's make this thread as a compatibility list for cydia apps on iOS 4.3.2

Mobile Terminal - need a repo at http://www.ijailbreak.com/repository/
* iFile OK
* Springtomize OK
* Multitasking Gestures Plist Edit (Not Working) However, if you edit the model-dependent plist, multitasking gestures will be enabled. There won't be a toggle in Settings->General, that's all.
* GPSPhone (Game Boy Advance Emulator) OK

Last edited:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
anyone? i have upgraded my iPhone 4 to 4.3.2 and jailbroken it with redsn0w RC14.

i wanna install 3g unrestrictor and springtomize, does anybody have any idea if those apps work on the 4.3.2?

thanks. and let's make this thread as a compatibility list for cydia apps on iOS 4.3.2

If they worked on 4.3.1, I really doubt that a x.x.2 update will break anything. Why don't you try and then start the list here?? If I wasn't away on business I'd upgrade and do it for you :)

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
i tried Mobile Terminal and iFile, so far so good.

so the list:

1. Mobile Terminal (OK)
2. iFile (OK)

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
If they worked on 4.3.1, I really doubt that a x.x.2 update will break anything. Why don't you try and then start the list here?? If I wasn't away on business I'd upgrade and do it for you :)

Multitouch Gestures plist edit is broken in iOS 4.3.2. Which means...
General.plist, com.apple.SpringBoard.plist, and N90AP.plist (the last one may vary depending on device) are different, to the point where the old mods don't work. Most likely it's General.plist that's different.

However, if you edit the model-dependent plist, multitasking gestures will be enabled. There won't be a toggle in Settings->General, that's all.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Multitouch Gestures plist edit is broken in iOS 4.3.2. Which means...
General.plist, com.apple.SpringBoard.plist, and N90AP.plist (the last one may vary depending on device) are different, to the point where the old mods don't work. Most likely it's General.plist that's different.

However, if you edit the model-dependent plist, multitasking gestures will be enabled. There won't be a toggle in Settings->General, that's all.

Could you explain pls how to or give a link? Thx.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Multitasking gestures work for me on 4.3.2 just swimmingly. Complete with toggle under General settings as well as the explanation on how to use it. Looks like a proper feature/setting.

Mute/rotation lock edit for the silent switch also works.

Attachments

• eafetz.jpg
    eafetz.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Multitouch gestures work for me on 4.3.2 just swimmingly. Complete with toggle under General settings as well as the explanation on how to use it. Looks like a proper feature/setting.

VeySO3z

Could you please tell how did you do it? I tried everything but won't work. Thx.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It might be easier if you told me what you tried/did.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010

Multitasking gestures work for me on 4.3.2 just swimmingly. Complete with toggle under General settings as well as the explanation on how to use it. Looks like a proper feature/setting.

eafetz.jpg

I agree. Although I don't have the toggle in Settings.app, the gestures work better than ever. Better tha 4.3.1, actually. I think Apple is starting to support us jailbreakers xD

But yes, I would love to have a toggle just like you. Let me guess: you used Sn0wbreeze, and wanted to preserve your baseband?
If not, how?

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010

Like I said before, any kind of plist edit that used to work in past versions will not work in iOS 4.3.2. Manual enabling of the toggle is broke in 4.3.2. If you had it enabled in 4.3.1, then you might still have a chance at enabling it.

Any post after this that says a plist edit did not enable the gestures will be marked as stupid.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
UPDATED: Now featuring 110% more Multitasking Gesture toggle goodness! (In other words, I fixed my stupid mistake and properly added the code. Lousy iPhone.)

Prodo123 said:
celo48 said:

Like I said before, any kind of plist edit that used to work in past versions will not work in iOS 4.3.2. Manual enabling of the toggle is broke in 4.3.2. If you had it enabled in 4.3.1, then you might still have a chance at enabling it.

Any post after this that says a plist edit did not enable the gestures will be marked as stupid.

From a clean restore, I manually enabled the multitasking toggle, so I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Once you have multitasking actually enabled and you can use it, all you need to do to get the toggle like I have it is to copy and paste this text (without quotes) into /Applications/Preferences.app/General.plist

Code:
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <string>PSGroupCell</string>
      <key>id</key>
      <string>Rotation_Switch_Action_Group</string>
      <key>isRadioGroup</key>
      <true/>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Rotation_Switch_Action_Group_Label</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <string>PSListItemCell</string>
      <key>id</key>
      <string>Lock_Rotation_Button</string>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Lock_Rotation</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <string>Mute_Button</string>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Mute</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>footerCellClass</key>
      <string>MultitaskingGestureExplanationView</string>
      <key>requiredCapabilities</key>
      <array>
        <string>multitasking-gestures</string>
      </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <string>PSSwitchCell</string>
      <key>default</key>
      <true/>
      <key>defaults</key>
      <string>com.apple.springboard</string>
      <key>key</key>
      <string>SBUseSystemGestures</string>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Multitasking Gestures</string>
      <array>
      </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
    </dict>

That also includes the rotation lock/mute toggle.

You're going to have to paste this into the correct spot for it to work proper. Your phone will have the entries regarding rotation/mute lock that you see above. So match those up, highlight it and paste over the old ones and you'll be good to go. Respring and it should be working.

Please forgive me if that doesn't make sense, I'm half asleep and typing this on my diePhone, which is a bit of a pain. If you have questions, please ask before you do anything so you don't bork your phone and get mad and yell-y at me. :)

P.S. I did not use SnowBreeze and I do not preserve my basebands or use any sort of unlock. I use iFile to edit plists using the text viewer method.

P.P.S Both of those sites quoted above simply show how to enable gestures, they don't show how to enable the toggle in Settings.app

Last edited:

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010

There is no need to call each other names. As you see, someone explained it. Either you do not know what you are saying which seems to be the case or you are just here to call people names.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010

From a clean restore, I manually enabled the multitasking toggle, so I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Once you have multitasking actually enabled and you can use it, all you need to do to get the toggle like I have it is to copy and paste this text (without quotes) into /Applications/Preferences.app/General.plist

"** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** * *<string>PSGroupCell</string>
** * *<key>id</key>
** * *<string>Rotation_Switch_Action_Group</string>
** * *<key>isRadioGroup</key>
** * *<true/>
** * *<key>label</key>
** * *<string>Rotation_Switch_Action_Group_Label</string>
** *</dict>
** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** * *<string>PSListItemCell</string>
** * *<key>id</key>
** * *<string>Lock_Rotation_Button</string>
** * *<key>label</key>
** * *<string>Lock_Rotation</string>
** *</dict>
** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** * *<string>PSListItemCell</string>
** * *<key>id</key>
** * *<string>Mute_Button</string>
** * *<key>label</key>
** * *<string>Mute</string>
** *</dict>
** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** * *<key>footerCellClass</key>
** * *<string>MultitaskingGestureExplanationView</string>
** * *<key>requiredCapabilities</key>
** * *<array>
** * * *<string>multitasking-gestures</string>
** * *</array>
** *</dict>
** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** * *<string>PSSwitchCell</string>
** * *<key>default</key>
** * *<true/>
** * *<key>defaults</key>
** * *<string>com.apple.springboard</string>
** * *<key>key</key>
** * *<string>SBUseSystemGestures</string>
** * *<key>label</key>
** * *<string>Multitasking Gestures</string>
** * *<key>requiredCapabilities</key>
** * *<array>
** * * *<string>multitasking-gestures</string>
** * *</array>
** *</dict>
** *<dict>
** * *<key>cell</key>
** *</dict>"

You're going to have to paste this into the correct spot for it to work proper. Your phone will have the entries regarding rotation/mute lock that you see above. So match those up, highlight it and paste over the old ones and you'll be good to go. Respring and it should be working.

Please forgive me if that doesn't make sense, I'm half asleep and typing this on my diePhone, which is a bit of a pain. If you have questions, please ask before you do anything so you don't bork your phone and get mad and yell-y at me. :)

P.S. I did not use SnowBreeze and I do not preserve my basebands or use any sort of unlock. I use iFile to edit plists using the text viewer method.

Thanks! Same here. My eyes are closing. I will have to try this tomorrow.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Eugh, just noticed the plist text turned out all screwy. I upped to the MBP just for you kids! Damn you guys have awesome online friends. Fixing it now!

Of course I had to do it with closing eyes :)

You won't believe it. The entries you put above were there BUT for some STRANGE reason, there were two "mutltitasking" (notice the wrong spelling?) entries instead "multitasking" I corrected those and now it is working. Don't ask me why the spelling was wrong. I never touched that plist before. The rotation/mute is not there but I am sure it is something stupid like this which prevents it from working :)

Thanks again!

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If you just edited your regular General.plist file without copying/pasting what I had, the mute/rotate shouldn't work.

Find the lines that look similar to these, again, yours will be different if you didn't copy/paste.

Code:
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>isRadioGroup</key>
      <true/>
      <key>label</key>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>label</key>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Mute</string>
    </dict>

Once you find those entries, you may notice the last lines in each "dict" or section, whatever you want to call it, looks something like this:

Code:
<array>
   <string>ipad</string>
</array

Which tells it, "Hey, this toggle only works if you're an iPad." By removing those lines from the above section(s), the mute/rotation lock should work. I hope that helps!

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No problemo! Glad it worked out for you! Now working on getting Bluetooth on the main level settings right up next to Wi-Fi for easy access.

Alls I need is a nice pretty icon. :)

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
There is no need to call each other names. As you see, someone explained it. Either you do not know what you are saying which seems to be the case or you are just here to call people names.

No, I think you misunderstood what I just said. First, I called no one stupid yet because no one said anything about the plist edit after that post. Second, even if they asked, they would be filling this thread with useless posts, like this one, when their answer is in the first post. Please don't make me write any more stupid posts.

UPDATED: Now featuring 110% more Multitasking Gesture toggle goodness! (In other words, I fixed my stupid mistake and properly added the code. Lousy iPhone.)

Code:
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>isRadioGroup</key>
      <true/>
      <key>label</key>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>label</key>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>id</key>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Mute</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <key>footerCellClass</key>
      <string>MultitaskingGestureExplanationView</string>
      <array>
      </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
      <string>PSSwitchCell</string>
      <key>default</key>
      <true/>
      <key>defaults</key>
      <string>com.apple.springboard</string>
      <key>key</key>
      <string>SBUseSystemGestures</string>
      <key>label</key>
      <string>Multitasking Gestures</string>
      <array>
      </array>
    </dict>
    <dict>
      <key>cell</key>
    </dict>

P.P.S Both of those sites quoted above simply show how to enable gestures, they don't show how to enable the toggle in Settings.app

I did this since iOS 4.3b1. Exact same lines. iOS 4.3.2 is the first one for this mod to not work.

Last edited:

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
No, I think you misunderstood what I just said. First, I called no one stupid yet because no one said anything about the plist edit after that post. Second, even if they asked, they would be filling this thread with useless posts, like this one, when their answer is in the first post. Please don't make me write any more stupid posts.

Obviously you understood what I meant.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
The only thing I can suggest is double checking for errors and where you placed it, or just copy/paste what I've got there. Cause it's working for me and at least one other as of now.

For your information, yes I placed it correctly. I am not stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.