iOS 4.3.3 for iPod touch 4th generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caspersoong, May 5, 2011.

1. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g and am thinking whether to update or not. I have a 25.0 GB data cap and the frequent updates are really eating into it. I hope that someone can list all the small or big changes, such as bug fixes or changes in battery life, (other than the location services) that makes it worth downloading. Currently, I edited the hosts file so that my iPod will not update. And I just jailbroke it so I don't really know how much work an update will cause to rejailbreak so I am quite reluctant. Thanks.

2. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

I'm in the same situation. I have a shed load of plist hacks that need to be redone if I update. Battery life improvements are the only incentive. From what I've heard there may be minor improvements. Nothing conclusive yet.

3. aNYthing24 macrumors member

There's really no major reason to upgrade if you have an iPod touch. The update was mainly geared towards iPhone and iPad users because of the location tracking issues.

4. caspersoong thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your quick replies. Now, my restore file has been put into the recycle bin (yes, I am using a lousy PC). Does that mean I cannot restore if something goes wrong when hacking the .plist files unless I download the update? I have added the gs.apple.com to the hosts file. Thank you.

5. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Well, I really think that's not necessary to update to 4.3.3. Just fix some bugs and leak pravicy

6. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

I updated. No difference to performance or battery life (battery life was good anyway). Still has the same glitches as 4.3.2, ie. Choppy or missing animations