IOS 4.3.3 running 04.11.08, HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by darels, Nov 11, 2011.

1. darels macrumors member

Alright guys, here is my story

I wanted to update my iPhone 4 to ios5 but I was using gevey sim, so i needed to preserve my baseband in order to get gevey work on iOS5. I did my no bb ispw with redsnow and when i tried to restore i got many many errors and i was trying to find the solution for many many hours, but at least i stuck on super recovery mode that nothing worked to get out of it. Finally, i gave up and let iTunes officially update my iPhone to ios5 - success, then using tiny umbrella i tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 - success, right straight away i tried again to update to ios5 with preserving my bb and.. - success! Unfortunatelly gevey sim didn't work, so i got really mad that i lost so much time and did nothing, so i downgraded it to 4.3.3 again - success, but gevey sim still didn't work and then i saw that I'm running ios5 baseband - 04.11.08, yes i found a problem why my gevey doesn't work but how to fix it?

P.s. Every time I was/am trying to downgrade/restore to 4.3.3 i get iTunes error (1) at the end of restore, but i googled it that when it happens i need to jailbreak it and bypass that error. Yes, that way works, but i was thinking if i am missing the last part of restore, i mean baseband restore/downgrade? as, if i am right, the title on iTunes status bar saying "restoring baseband" is at the end of the whole procces, anyway i can't find the way how to avoid getting that error, so please, any ideas?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The reason Gevey did not work because your baseband has been upgrade it to 04.11 which is OS5 baseband. So, even you have successfully downgraded your phone to 4.3.3, your baseband can't downgrade and therefore, Gevey did not work.

3. darels thread starter macrumors member

You mean there is no way to downgrade the baseband?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You are correct. There is no way to downgrade baseband. Otherwise, we all have downgrade our Iphone 4 to 01.59 baseband where we can unlock it with ultrasn0w. :D

5. darels thread starter macrumors member

Do you want to buy iPhone 4 16gb locked to at&t? In really good condition.

----------

****, i have an iPod called iPhone 4...

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I think you can put your phone on your local Craigslist and i am sure there will be buyer for it.

Good luck!

7. darels thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i live in London, How much is it worth?

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Oops. If that the case, I don't think you can sell it at all in your local market. However, you can sell in on Ebay. :D

As for this phone in the US, it worth from $250 to $350 in my local Craigslist depending on its condition.