iOS 4.3.5 Upgrading Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yipio, Aug 3, 2011.

1. yipio macrumors newbie

I'm stuck on recovery mode loop after trying to upgrade an iphone from an early iOS version to the latest 4.3.5. I have my 4.3.5 SHSH blob saved alright via TU, as a matter of fact its the only saved blob that I've got. So I have no choice but to figure out my way around this as I do not have any saved SHSH blob for an earlier version and definitely I do not want to restore the normal way. It is imperative that I will preserve BB.

What I did so far:
    I have the stock ipsw file of both 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 and tried to restore it via iTunes. Note that I do not have the SHSH blob of 4.3.4. Just tried for the heck of it. Used fixrecovery43 to try to kick my self out of recovery mode to no avail. The TU 'Exit Recovery' does not seem to work. I also tried using iREB RC4 by iH8sn0w, put my device in DFU/black screen mode and tried re-restoring the 2.3.5 IPSW file but then again its just looping me back to recovery mode.

I launched TU and under 'General' tab my device is still showing old information. BB is still the same (thank god!) and I still have the old iOS (4.0.2). Does this mean that the IPSW file I restored for 4.3.5 did not work yet? (also, would this work? Say I have the 4.0.2 IPSW stock and restore it? I don't have the SHSH blob though.)

I am still good right?

I could really use some advice. Thanks.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Put your iPhone in DFU mode and then restore to 4.3.5. As a general rule of thumb, you cannot restore if you don't have blobs.

3. yipio thread starter macrumors newbie

Already did this couple of times. It returns me 1013 error each time.

4. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

upgrade it then with pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze or something if you do not need the unlock anymore just select upgrade baseband method or try tiny umbrella

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

If you ran tinyumbrella undo the hosts file change. Or edit hosts yourself. I think the entry is something like gs.apple whatever.

6. yipio thread starter macrumors newbie

This is supposed to get rid of the 1013 error right? Still no luck. I have modified my host file and remove everything that pertains to apple.

I did this while TU/TSS Server is running, if you try to edit the host and run TSS afterwards the host file reverts back and gs.apple is being appended again.

I'm really running out of option here.

7. yipio thread starter macrumors newbie

8. yipio thread starter macrumors newbie

Again, "it is imperative that I will preserve BB." This is why I'm stuck here in the first place.

9. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

There is a setting in TU to change that behavior on exit...

Ah, well that's a whole nother problem I don't have an answer for. If you were in 4.3.3 there is an answer in the forums here but I think everyone is staying away from the later ones. 4.3.3 is the current sweet spot for jailbreakers/unlockers on iphone 4.

10. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

then use pwnage tool to preserve the baseband DUH...