iOS 4.3....a thought/question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Saberon, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Well, Beta 3 hit February 1st, which is 22 days ago. That is a huge gap between builds when you compare the history of iOS.

Do you think it's possible that Apple skipped the Golden Master Candidate on this one and is going straight to public release within the week? It seems awful unlikely but yet a 22 day period after beta 3 with no updates is also very strange.

This isn't a major iOS we're talking about here, we're not going from iOS 4.2.1 to iOS 5.0. Do you think we could see a GM seed today and then a week later have the official release on the "supposed" iPad 2 announce date? Would apple release iOS 4.3 tomorrow along side with the new Macbook Pro refreshes?

What are your thoughts?

2. Moomba macrumors regular

I highly doubt it. Beta 1 & 2 were pretty stable, but Beta 3 has had some glitches. I'd bet on at least one more beta before a GM/public release.

FWIW 4.3 isn't much of an upgrade (on the iPad) aside from the multitouch gestures, but those aren't going to be in the public version anyway.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I doubt it, I'm thinking 4.3 isn't coming out until March.. Today is the 23rd and there's not a sniff of Apple releasing the GM build of 4.3 so I'd be more inclined to say that we MIGHT see the GM build of 4.3 on the 28th then official public release a week or so after...