iOS 4.3 and YouTube embedded videos

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dagamer34, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Has anyone noticed problems with iOS 4.3 and not being able to interact with YouTube videos embedded into a webpage? I can't see any of the usual controls, but I'm able to pause them if I tap in the area it should be.

2. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I noticed this when I first installed 4.3 but oddly it's now working fine. Maybe YouTube changed something at their end?

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I think YouTube changed something because all of a sudden Safari on OS X started having issues a few weeks ago. The only way to get controls and playback back is to go to the posters channel to watch.

4. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

Quick update; the problem appears to depend on which websites I goto and (presumably) how the YouTube video has been embedded. At the moment this Pistonheads video doesn't display controls while this Engadget video works fine.

5. marcello696 macrumors regular

thanks for posting this, I was starting to think I lost my mind but it does seem that depending on the way the youtube video was embedded determines if playback controls are visible.

This is affecting both Safari and Skyfire, Im sure youtube will get this corrected.

6. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've noticed the same thing with videos on mobile websites. It used to play the video and go back to the main page. Now it hangs and I have to use the back button.

7. bruinselmann macrumors member

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Sweet, it's fixed on Safari (OS X) as well! Finally!

9. Paul B macrumors 6502

Has this been fixed completely? I'm having problems playing all Youtube videos in Safari/Atomic. On firmware 4.3.3.