Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobster Sauce

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
I'm so excited to share this with all of my fellow iPhone lovers.

The old glitch from 4.1 and 4.2.1 where apps wouldn't animate correctly after using landscape mode and re-opening the app from the home screen is officially fixed in 4.3.

However, there is a price to pay.

Upon opening SOME apps for the FIRST time, they may appear to just pop open without an animation at all. Don't worry... this only happens once. Once you close it and open it again, it's smooth as butter.

For those of you who do not know what I'm talking about, don't worry, you never had a problem (that you were aware of) and for those of you who DO know what I'm talking about (you may rest a little better tonight and until March 11th).

I'm glad Apple finally addressed this issue. I've been bugging them about it since 4.1 hit.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Do you mean first launch ever, and it will never happen again? Or only first launch as in opening fresh (i.e. not a saved state in the multi-tasking section)?

Mobster Sauce

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Do you mean first launch ever, and it will never happen again? Or only first launch as in opening fresh (i.e. not a saved state in the multi-tasking section)?

First launch as in opening fresh (after it has been quit completely).

Dr Sun

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Icon moving delay

Hi, I Know it's a liitle bit out of subject but I can't find a thread about this.

The 4.2.1 introduced a very annoying bug for people with lots of apps.
If you have several folders with more than 8 apps in it, a folder animation comes up that slows a lot the iPhone. It happens when you hold an app icon to go to moving/deleting mode and also when you quit this mode. In iOS 4.1 it takes only one sec. In iOS 4.2.1 it can take up to ten seconds if you have several folders "overloaded".

Could you tell me if the 4.3 fixes this ?
I'm afraid not, because Apple only talks about "new features" and nothing about "bug fixes"...

Thanks in advance for the test.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I can't say if it's been fixed because I've never experienced that problem.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
What about the multitasking choppiness?

4.2.1 brought choppiness during bringing up the multitasking bar when on the springboard. If you were in an app it was smooth as butter, but at the home screen the "lifting up/down" was choppy. Has this been fixed as well?

Mobster Sauce

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
4.2.1 brought choppiness during bringing up the multitasking bar when on the springboard. If you were in an app it was smooth as butter, but at the home screen the "lifting up/down" was choppy. Has this been fixed as well?

Thats not fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.