iOS 4.3 audio controls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applebro24, Mar 10, 2011.

1. applebro24, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

applebro24 macrumors regular

I'm having an issues with iOS4.3 that does not let me use the music controls located in multitasking bar when playing iTunes, Pandora, etc. You can see in the attached picture that I'm streaming a podcast from the iTunes app but i can't control it anyway other then entering the app. The orange iPod app icon should be the purple iTunes icon with the option to pause and skip.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: Apparently I can't control the main music app with these control either. It displays the name of the song playing but i can't pause or skip. Also, when the phone is locked, double tapping the home button does not bring up the music controls on the lock screen.

Attached Files:

2. apmorency macrumors regular

While in the switcher, have you tried to swipe to the right? The volume is to the left of the rotation lock.

3. applebro24 thread starter macrumors regular

No, but I just did. Wow the volume control to the left of the screen rotation lock also doesn't work. :confused: When I move that volume bar (after double tapping the home button and swiping to the right twice) it also moves the volume bar in the music app, but the sound does not increase from the speaker.

This is really messed up. The only way to change the music or the volume is to manually go into the 'iPod' app.

If anyone upgraded to 4.3 and doesn't have this problem, please reply so I can reinstall the software on my iPhone 4. Much obliged.

4. samh macrumors 6502

I have upgraded to 4.3 and do not have this problem. Verified with podcast in iPod and through Pandora also.

5. applebro24 thread starter macrumors regular

Great thanks. I'll reinstall the 4.3 software.