iOS 4.3 for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zcott, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Zcott macrumors 68020

I was planning on trying out 4.3 beta tonight on my iPad but then I wondered - what advantages does it have over 4.2.1 for the iPad? If anyone can let me know, please do.

2. tac22 macrumors 6502

no real advantages right now, the new airplay APIs need to be implemented in 3rd party apps.

However if you have xcode running on your computer you can activate the 4 and 5 finger gestures which are just amazing.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One big disadvantage is that you're loading a beta OS on your iPad that could make it unstable or unusable.

Unless you're a developer who needs to test their apps, there's no real reason or advantage.

4. Zcott thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks folks. I'm no developer but I just like to play around with new software before it comes out. I'll probably give 4.3 a miss for now.

5. tac22 macrumors 6502

right, things I mentioned I guess aren't advantages, its just getting to fool around with things before everyone else. But that of course comes with living with a possibly unstable OS

generally nothing major though. worst thing that has ever happened to me was it rebooted. And beta 3 hasn't had a hiccup yet, noticeably smoother.

But yea if your not a developer, its best to just wait it out

(though who knows how long till you will get these awsome gestures :eek:)

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There was a few threads here, where people were looking to downgrade off of 4.3 because they were unhappy with the performance or issues.

7. tac22 macrumors 6502

that true, performance is rarely up to par in the first few betas

i've seen worse, but beta 1 & 2 deffinetly had some performance issues

beta 3 seams fine though

oh and sometimes you will run across an app that doesn't work... so again leave it to developers

i think it was the ABC app that didn't work when i was testing 4.2 which was a real bummer