IOS 4.3.... I hate you so.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshola, Mar 10, 2011.

1. joshola macrumors newbie

So I updated last night to IOS 4.3 and I was having the restore problem a lot of people were talking about. I finally got the phone to restore and I thought all was well but..... When I woke up this morning and plugged my Iphone into my computer nothing showed up, not in Itunes not in Iphoto nothing. So the whole morning I've been searching and trying to figure out how to fix this but I've come up with nothing. It's like my phone doesn't exist on my computer at all. Help please :(

2. brothermatt macrumors newbie

Same problem I'm having. On my main computer
    my iPhone 4 doesn't show no matter which usb I plug
    it into. My daughter's iPod works just fine. If I plug my
    phone into another computer, it shows up. I have a ton
    of apps to get back on the phone. I restored my computer
    to an earlier point where my phone showed up, but no go.
    I haven't been able to check my wife's phone yet.

3. jms969 macrumors 6502

Bookmark syncing is also broken on some iphones :(

4. joshola thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean what are they going to have to do, update Itunes first so it sees the Iphone and then update the firmware? This is a pain in the ass and kind of a big problem, for what? Personal hotspot (adding more money to your bill) and some safari updates? Give me a break.

5. brothermatt macrumors newbie

I just want to know if it's the phone, the iOS, or
    the computer, so I know if I'm going to have to go
    to the genius bar. For what 4.3 offered, I'm not even
    going to update my wife's phone.

6. joshola thread starter macrumors newbie

So the only way for my Iphone to show up is if I only have one thing plugged in (USB). The second I try to plug in my mic into a USB port or my external HD my Iphone goes away..... This is retarded and I hope the new Ipad doesn't have this problem tomorrow.

7. brothermatt macrumors newbie

So far I've tried everything apple suggests I do, short of re-installing itunes, but have not had any success. I'm not sure I want to re-install iTunes because I don't want to lose all the apps that are showing on my apps page under my account. This is the first iOS update that has failed, and with iOS 5 possibly a few months away, I'll be leery of installing it.

8. brothermatt macrumors newbie

I plugged my iphone into my computer to charge it before work and, low and behold, itunes recognized it. I was able to back it up and sync all my apps. Now several times during the backup, a popup appeared that said usb device not recognized, but the backup bar kept moving without a hitch. So, even though there is still no custom message tones or the ability to create folders for my pictures, all is well with ios 4.3.

9. brothermatt macrumors newbie

Spoke to soon. I tried later to sync my music and itunes won't pick up the phone. So now is it going to be a crap shoot as to whether my phone will sync? This is getting frustrating.