iOS 4.3 Ruining my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loveappletech, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Loveappletech macrumors newbie

So first after the software update my iPhone was great and dandy and speedier than ever. Now I'm starting to notice all the horrible glitches! There is some weird glitch with the camera app that says the flash is disable because iPhone needs to cool down, then exit app and it will be fine. Second huge Glitch that just happened to me is I was trying to send a photo from the photo app and my iPhone 4 just spazzed out went into the little apple logo state. Then came back and ALL my text messages were deleted, and this issue has been noted on the apple support site as well. This is annoying and above all a huge inconvenience. And I know there are already forums about how bad the battery drain is with this update, and i've been experiencing that as well, apple should not have even released this update with out all this bugs not being fixed! Have any of you been having any of these same issues as well?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure that your problems can be traced back to 4.3 They actually sound like a hardware issue. Why not make an appointment with a genius to have your phone checked out.

I'm on 4.3 and use my camera quite a lot and I've never got that error message about it needing to cool down. Nor have I seen any other posts about this

The other issues also sound like they could be hardware related as well.

3. Loveappletech thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I was first thinking as well, but these issues never happened before I updated to iOS 4.3 and I've had a couple friends on iOS 4.3 that have had some of the same problems. But I'm for sure making an appointment at the genius bar to get this fixed asap.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good idea.

5. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Did you try a restore? This fixed issues with mine also Apple is releasing a 4.3.1 update soon to fix the battery bug along with a few others.

6. Loveappletech thread starter macrumors newbie

Restoring it right now, hope this will fix the problem, and hope the that update gets released soon!

7. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors regular

iKnowMr.Jobs

4.3 is nothing but headaches

4.3 has really turn my phone for the worse. I've never had a problem with the particular iphone 4 that i have (the first one i had had a defected speaker that blew up 32 minutes after i took it out of the box). The battery is pretty screwed up. I have to charge it at the end of everyday as opposed to only charging it every 2 days on 4.2.1. I'm pretty upset and i've contacted Jobs on the situation.

8. iTiki macrumors 6502

I bet Steve will get right on that for you.:rolleyes:

9. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Let me know when he gets back to you. Expect an answer like this:

Sent from my iPhone.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It is weird how 4.3.1 causes problems for some and not for others. This should not be so. It makes me also suspect 3rd party installed software.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It could be related to how new/old the phone is. I have a fairly recent iPhone and I've not incurred any issues with 4.3. I've tested the battery and found it near what it was prior to 4.3 Perhaps either their was some small manufacturing change during the life of the iPhone 4 or maybe I just don't have the volume/type of apps installed on my iPhone.

12. cdmta macrumors member

How many people that are having issues with 4.3 have restored as new?
    It's worth a try. It would help to state if you've done this, or what you've done to troubleshoot this.

13. Loveappletech thread starter macrumors newbie

I restored it as new and put everything back onto it from scratch, I'll see if the glitches show up again as I use it more and more.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Keep us posted.