iOS 4.3 - SMS ringtone issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by igormann, Mar 15, 2011.

1. igormann macrumors newbie

Hi All,

After upgrading our iPhones 4 to iOS4.3 my and my wife's SMS standart ringtones sound strange. Now they're played quicker and the quality of the sound has become worse, like really bad mp3 file.

Has anybody got the same?

Thanks,

Igor.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

You are correct on both accounts. Although I'm not sure about them sounding worse, they're just not as loud.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I still use the 3GS and upgraded to iOS 4.3 and mine has been unaffected. SMS tones are still the same as always. But I have seen several others complaining of the same issue.

4. igormann thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for this link, Ryan,

Now I see - they've tried to make them shorter speeding them up. but as a result - loss in the quality. I can tell from my sound experience that when you want to speed up a sound file and you use bad algorithm - you get this bad type of sound quality I've got with my ringtones. The ones which are affected are those new ones we got recently from Apple with 4.2 iOS.

Well, if it's really like that - it's not professional by Apple and I don't like this idea. Hope they'll fix it.

5. igormann thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I've actually found that old ringtones are not affected, only new ones which we got with recent iOS 4.2 upgrade.

6. djmickyp macrumors newbie

Sms

4.2 vs 4.3
    Ringtones on newer 4.2 updates seem to mute after 1 - 3seconds
    Battery life Noticeably lower
    wifi has connection issues and hotspot issues
    on occasion the phone rings the slide becomes unresponsive and cant answer
    Unsure if its the network or IOS 4.3 but having issues with handing over in cells and failed calls..

I hope there is an update coming soon....

Cheers
    DJ Micky P
    Newcastle NSW Australia

7. cathexist macrumors newbie

I had issues like the above on the sms sound cutting off to short...after a restart of the phone, that went away and it sounded normal.

However, on vibrate, the phone now does two quick vibrates when I get an sms as opposed to one..

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

So with ChooChoo do you get one Choooo or two?