iOS 4.3 still CAN'T rotate a SCREENSHOT ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Mar 11, 2011.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

Take a screenshot in landscape mode and the saved image is rotated incorrectly.

Why does Apple not fix that
    or at least put a rotate and save option in the Photos app?

2. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Agreed. I actually have a couple photography apps that I end up having to use to rotate images. It would be nice if that feature was native.

3. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

4. turbineseaplane macrumors 68030

turbineseaplane

+1

It's totally ridiculous that something as basic as rotating a photo isn't native.
    This is especially true, since you often want to rotate a picture that was taken in Landscape or vice-versa.

Free apps are fine, but it's one more step that'd be nice to not have to take to simply rotate a photo 90 degrees.
    I don't really call "rotating" a form of "editing".

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Picture app needs a lot of improvement. Create album, moving pictures from album to album etc. Rotating is the least of my worry.
    Maybe I'm old-schooled. Before my first DSLR, NIKON D70, I remembered we have to batch-rotated every portrait pictures in Photoshop. Guess that's why I always see rotating as editing.

6. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

7. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Indeed. I'm still wondering why they don't put some basic features like this one and the left-right channel balance in the sound setting.

Did Jobs actually say "you're holding it wrong"? I see that phrase all the time but I couldn't find an email or any other communication where he actually says that line.

8. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Here's what Apple said:

"Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases."

So while they didn't use those exact words they pretty much said "You're holding it wrong"

9. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

There's a difference between "avoid holding the phone in a certain way" and saying "you're holding it wrong." Other phone makers will also tell you, right on the manual "avoid gripping it this way," sometimes even with illustrations.

That's exactly what this Korean Samsung Galaxy S manual says. Actually the manual says almost the same thing that Apple said about the attenuation of signal.

[​IMG]

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

11. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Been using ps express but it's a hassle for what should be a simple rotate of the original in the photo app, or better yet save it correctly the first time.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You know, I never noticed that on my iPhone. Send feedback to Apple as that's something they obviously forgot about.