Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmie32

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Beijing, CN
It doesn't really bug me. Happens occasionally, only in the main UI, not in games.

@tablo13: There is a jailbreak out... Backup your SHSH blobs, then if you don't like it downgrade. Sn0wbreeze. :)

Repo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Could this cause any problem to the device hardware?
It's unlikely they'll hurt your iPod permanently. Right now the hiccups under 4.3 appear to be graphical only and intermittent in occurrence.

ascendedoshen

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
Kauai
Too many bugs no enough time

There are a myriad of bugs with 4.0 and last update made it worse while fixing not a single issue! Apple needs to go back to basics and fix all problems before coming out with more woe less gimmicks! IMHO

Repo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
If anyone is interested in testing their iPod to see if the glitching occurs, I'd recommend crashing an app. That seems to really set them off.

Wolfee

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I have the same problems too, I also can't go more than 5 minutes in a real graphics-intensive app without it crashing. I don't have the little graphics issues with the status bar or anything too much, but it is annoying. My iPod has gotten way slower!! Apple needs to get it together and make sure their update doesn't make the device run SLOWER. :/

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
4.3.1 released today

I just read that Apple has released a 4.3.1 version. I was holding off on the 4.3 and am waiting to hear from someone who has downloaded this new version.

Popcornbrown

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Behind you...
I have a 3rd Gen. and after the update my screen has issues. It seems to be unfocussed or slightly blurry at times. There's also little glitches like what's in this pic.

2ai3new.png

What's wrong with in the pic?

caspersoong

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2011
I recently experienced the glitches again on my iPod touch 4g. Once I saw the wifi icon corrupted. So I think it wasn't completely fixed. But it isn't a big deal now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.