ios 4.3 whats new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youngsunnz, Mar 3, 2011.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

What exactly is new for the 4.3? Theres no multi touch gestures or anything different. So whats new?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the number 2 is iOS 4.2 changed to a 3 :D

here are a few changes

[​IMG]

4. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's this new website apple.com, which you can look at all sort of apple and iOS related stuff. You could visit apple.com/iOS for info on 4.3

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Man, I love OS X window screen grabs. Gorgeous!

6. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I'm using 4.3 and I don't notice any changes... I don't know how to access home sharing and other than Safari being snappier, it appears this is mostly a bug fix update. Hopefully when some new apps come out 4.3 will be worthy of the hype.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Settings> iPod> Scroll Down and Log In

8. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Thanks. Home sharing would be pretty dope on an iPad.

I've also noticed with side by side comparison that the brightness is quite a bit lower on 4.3 compared to 4.21 even when set to maximum. The color is also a little warmer. Anyone else notice this?

9. flightsimmer macrumors newbie

On iPhone 4 - The new text tones that everyone thought were way too long have now been shortened significantly... The "choo choo" tone, now just makes one "Choooooo", rather than a double like before. Also, the vibration for the texts is multiple vibes, rather than just a single short vibration.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Not a fan of the double vibration. Bugs the crap out of me. What was the point in changing it???

11. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Probably to differentiate from mail and app notifications.

12. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I love the double vibration. Now I can definitely feel the phone go off in my pocket.

13. Stein357 macrumors 6502

14. flightsimmer macrumors newbie

So far, there isn't any setting visible for the vibration (minus turning it off all together), nor to switch back to the longer text tones. There is an option for setting the amount of reminders, though.

Maybe iOS 5.0 will finally have custom notification sounds....... If speculation is right, they'll at least revise the notification system for apps and messages, hopefully that would mean a bit more customization as well.

15. ogdogg macrumors 6502

This is awesome. Good find. 4.3 is turning out to be a nice update. I'm loving the vibration difference between text/email.

16. deeesea macrumors 6502

I can't wait for the mobile hotspot,

Gonna pick up a Xoom Tablet once 4.3 is out so I can use my ip4 as a hotspot for it. yussssssssss

17. Buttino macrumors newbie

Interesting, I've downloaded the GM for both my iPad & iPhone and that setting isn't there. I can't see any way of getting sharing working.

18. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Have you tried doing a hard-close of Settings? Sometimes with multitasking I've noticed strange behaviour with Apps until they are restarted.

19. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Bummer that Personal Hotspot doesn't support 3Gs:( Wonder if PH is supported by SofBank in Japan and, if so, what they'll charge for it...

20. Buttino macrumors newbie

Tried a hard reset of the phone & iPad, still nothing :( Also turned off the firewall on Windows.

21. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I mean close the App through multitasking. Rather than just exit out of the App, open the multitasking window, hold down your finger on the App and then click the minus symbol. Then reopen the App. That has worked for me on several occasions. I'm not sure of the ins-and-outs of it, but it seems Apps are still resumed 'in state' when you restart the phone.

22. Buttino macrumors newbie

Yup, tried that too. Are you using the GM build that was released yesterday?

23. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Yes, I've got no problems with it and Home Sharing options are there and work fine. :eek:

24. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Is Home Sharing in iTunes turned on in your PC? It'll be in the iTunes preferences.

25. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I hope this double-vibration thing doesn't negatively impact my battery life vs. the single vibration. I get a ton of text messages every day and if it's going to be twice the amount of vibrating, I would think that's going to kill my battery. Turning off vibrate isn't an option either.