iOs 4 after Spirit 3.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by DaMob, Jun 21, 2010.

1. DaMob macrumors member

I want to update my jailbroken 3.1.3 3th gen iPod Touch to iOs 4.
    Are there any problems reported from people who want do the same as me or can I just click the update button in iTunes with nothing to worry about?

2. dark-saito macrumors regular

Same Situation

I'm about to update. Not too worried; I've updated to higher firmwares when jailbroken. If anything, it had a very desired outcome. All the apps that i Poof'd remained poof'd. Still downloading, but I'll let you know how it goes :]

3. kingwaffle macrumors newbie

I updated mine via iTunes and it went through successfully, but I lost Cydia and all of that nonsense. all of my "borrowed" apps also stopped working.

4. sashie macrumors member

sashie

i thought a jailbreak for iOS4 for the 3rd generation itouch isnt.. available yet...?????

5. superslashers macrumors newbie

iOS4 Jailbreak?

Hey people have you guys heard of a new jailbreak for the iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3G running on the OFFICIAL iOS4 released yesturday on June 21 2010, because I really want multitasking and homescreen wallpapers! If ANYONE has ANY information on this please let me no!

6. dark-saito macrumors regular

Success

My iPod made it through the update. My Poof was undone, but i noticed it kept my carrier name! (I changed it from iPod). No problems.

7. Yhapster macrumors newbie

Was your ipod touch a 2nd gen..

8. samisafish69 macrumors newbie

Update?

hey dark-saito, had your iPod Touch been Jailbroken with Spirit? Cuz thats kind of important.... lol

9. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

I've also succesfully updated from my Spirit jailbroken 3th gen iPod to iOs 4

I also don't know what everyone is telling about that it takes ages to update. Mine was done in 2 minutes (without the downloading of the firmware itself)

It even kept all my music, but of course the apps which I got because it was jailbroken, were gone (obvious)

10. samisafish69 macrumors newbie

so it's safe to update? (just trying to make sure, want to be absolutely positive before i do)

11. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

I think it is, I don't have any problems and I haven't encountered anyone who was in the same situation and got issues.
    But of course, you can't be 100% sure, so I'm not responsible!

No just go for it, it will be okay :)

12. samisafish69 macrumors newbie

i shall, but first, do you have a link that would tell me how to restore to 3.1.3 using my shsh backups i have on my computer? that would be greatly appreciated :)

oh, and just checkin if multitasking works on iPod Touch 3G? many people have been saying mixed things like "oh, it doesnt work on any touch" or "it works fine" or "i have no idea". I'm sure it does but still =D

13. DaMob thread starter macrumors member

I have no idea how to restore to 3.1.3, I'm not in to all of this stuff. I'm sorry

About the multitasking, if you mean with iPod Touch 3G the 3th generation (as in the latest model with 32 or 64gb) then yes it will work. Otherwise I think not

14. dark-saito macrumors regular

yes, it was. sidenote, i also discovered that it saves the "don't notify me when the battery is low" deal :) amazing.

15. nz boy 5 macrumors newbie

yaay

I had something similar, when i upgraded my 3.1.3 ipod touch (2nd gen MC model), which was jailbroken with spirit, i kept my battery percentage (very handy :cool::cool:)

16. iNasko macrumors newbie

I have a question. I have an iPod Touch 3G 32GB. I am using 3.1.3 and it's jailbroken with Spirit. Now that the Jailbreak is released for 4.0, i want to update to 4.0, but when i try to, i get an error. I tried to restore it with 4.0 after DFU, but again nothing. I get an unknown error(3014). I am using iTunes 9.2.1 on Windows 7. Can iTunes be the problem? What should i do?

17. hagen79 macrumors newbie

Ok when I upgrade my device to 3.1.3 wich by the way the very same device that you have, I had the same issue until I use a Mac for upgrade, then it was simple so I guess u can try in a Mac system

18. hagen79 macrumors newbie

ok

Ok I´m on iOS 4 no great issue, is runing more faster the sinc with iTunes now I´m intalling programs

19. mailme83s macrumors newbie

Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 got stuck at black screen

My iphone is stuck at black screen, it is detected by itunes in the recovery mode. When i am restoring it to 4.0.1, the screen becomes white and it give error 28. I tried it on three different PCs but same error is there. I even tried to put my firewall settings off but no luck. Can anyone please help me out.

Regards

20. zigel macrumors newbie

bro , i have something to ask , me iphone is 3.1.3 jailbroken , now i wished to update to apple latest firmware
    which in 4.1.0 ? so i have to jailbreak is again right ? but if i update to latest firmware now i will lose all my apps ?? so how can i prevent losing my apps yet able to update to latest firmware and re jailbreak again?
    pls advise step by step i am a noob here , tks a million ! god bless u!

21. quiroga macrumors newbie

so is it really ok to update to 4.2?
    i have ipod touch 2nd gen 3.1.3 SPIRIT jailbroken. Can i update it to 4.2 using itune?

22. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

You will lose your jailbreak then if you do so. It's totally ok though to upgrade. One thing is that you should wait till the iphone dev teams get an untethered jailbreak for 4.2 It should be coming out pretty soon in the next week or so.

23. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

why are all these threads popping up from months even years ago?????

24. quiroga macrumors newbie

yup i lost my jailbreak (not really a problem). my problem now is how to jailbreak this now that im in 4.2.1 2G MC-model (tethered or un tethered is good) :(