iOS 4 & Amazon MP3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrMcLargeHuge, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MrMcLargeHuge macrumors newbie

I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem:

About a month ago, I purchased four songs on Amazon MP3, and they played fine on my second gen iPod touch until yesterday when I updated to iOS 4. Now if I try to play any of those four songs, it just skips straight to the next track. I've checked the songs in iTunes, they play fine, and none of the settings or options have changed. Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, were you able to find a solution?

2. tirzah macrumors newbie

I actually have a 3G Touch and it DOES play Amazon purchased music. And it is updated to iOS4

3. MrMcLargeHuge thread starter macrumors newbie

So it works on the 3G iPod touch. Mine is a 2G. Anyone with a 2G experiencing this issue?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You can try re-syncing it if that doesnt work you should take it to apple. :)

5. MrMcLargeHuge thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try to re-sync when I get home from work. I've already created a thread in the Apple Support forums as well.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Good luck! :)

7. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

iPod Touch 2nd Generation with iOS 4 over here, Amazon mp3 songs working fine for me.

8. LurkingIowan macrumors member

LurkingIowan

I think I have this problem as well. I'm currently restoring my 2nd gen. to see if that cures the issue. I've tried powering it down and syncing to no avail. When I push play on an Amazon purchased song or album, it simply goes back to the full album screen as if I didn't touch play. My wife, who has the same ipod, songs and iOS4 does not have this issue.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

10. MrMcLargeHuge thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out!

I figured out the issue. The issue was not just with Amazon MP3, but MP3 files in general. The problem occurred when those MP3 files were encoded at a bit rate above 128Kbps. Since space on my iPod touch is limited, I checked the box in iTunes that will convert any song above 128Kbps down to that bit rate in order to save space. After unchecking this box and re-syncing, the tracks play fine. So the problem is with iTunes, not the iPod, and not some incompatibility with Amazon MP3.