iOS 4 and Nike+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by REBELinBLUE, Jun 8, 2010.

1. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

I've just upgraded to iOS 4 GM and all my nike+ runs are gone.

I didn't bother with the beta releases as I only have 1 iPhone but I haven't heard anything about this happening in the beta releases.

Has anyone else had this happen? I guess I can restore them by restoring from a backup? (which is kind of annoying as I am going for a run this evening before I get home so either way I lose at least 1 run >_<)

2. REBELinBLUE thread starter macrumors regular

Oddly enough, the files show up in finder if I use the MacFuse iPhone Disk addon

3. REBELinBLUE thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried a new run, tried restoring from backup and tried formatting my iPhone completely and restoring the backup & still nothing.

Any other ideas, I really don't want to lose a years worth of runs

4. Hovey macrumors regular

Sounds like an email to Nike is in order. Sound like they may not be ready for iOS 4.

5. REBELinBLUE thread starter macrumors regular

Just spoke to a friend who has upgraded as well, same thing.

Time to file a bug report, if I can actually get into bugreport.apple.com that is

6. rjenovai macrumors member

In the history is the Best Mile(KM) and total distance reset as well?
    Did you send your runs to nike+ site when syncing? If so, they should
    still be there. I lost my history on the device (except for best mile and total distance) when updating to beta 4, but did not when updating to the GM candidate.

7. REBELinBLUE thread starter macrumors regular

The Best KM and total distance are still there, pressing them gives valid stats as well.

The XML files are still on my iPhone, exactly where I would expect them to be iTunes_Control/Device/Trainer/Workouts/Empeds/ID/synced

They just aren't showing in the app, however it does show as uncalibrated as well

8. walnuts macrumors 6502

Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 4, I've had a nasty bug. If I pause the workout, it won't resume correctly. It'll say its resuming, but when the run is complete it will only report the distance I ran before the pause with the correct time. I can't tell if this is software or my older nike+'s battery giving out (it is maybe two or three years old.)

9. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

It's a software problem. The Nike+ forum has a thread about this issue that contains several hundred posts and tens of thousands of page views. And still Nike and Apple have done nothing to acknowledge the issue.

Here's a link:

http://forums.nike.com/thread.jspa?threadID=31896&tstart=-1

That said, the battery in the Nike+ sensor does generally give out after about a year or so. The fact that you've gotten two years out of yours is pretty impressive!