iOS 4 Appstore application locked to wrong account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by e-dard, Jun 25, 2010.

1. e-dard macrumors newbie

Hi all,

weird problem here. . .

Firstly, I use my MacBook to update both mine and my girlfriend's iPhones. There has never really been a problem before, I just sign in and out of our respective iTunes account on iTunes on the mac, before I sync each time.

This means that the correct iTunes account is present on the correct phone.

I have just got an iPhone 4 and decided to set up as new phone, so far so good. I was also signed into the correct iTunes account when I synced for the first time.

However, when I go to the Appstore application on my phone it is asking for my GF's iTunes password. Weird.

OK, I thought, I'll just open the iTunes iPhone app and sign out, then sign in with an existing account. Did that all fine. I then went back to the Appstore application and it is still asking for my GF's iTunes account password - even though I have signed out of the account and according to the iTunes iPhone app I am signed in under my account!

Finally I double checked I was signed in on my iTunes account on my mac and I re-synced. It still is asking me for my GF's iTunes password in the appstore application.

This is so weird!

Any thoughts on this?

2. e-dard thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind. . .

It was asking me for her password because the apps that needed updating on my phone belonged to her (even though they are free apps).

Removing the apps and then re-downloading them on the device under my iTunes account sorted it.