Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prmd1245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0 the day the update came out, and it made my camera disappear. Also, all other camera apps did not work and could not find a camera. I even searched for the camera by word "camera", nothing. So I restore it and it worked fine. Then went back and restored my back up and it did the same thing again. No camera, any ideas? Stumped on this one.

DH

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
Don´t restore from your backup...?

To get the best install of iOS 4.0, set it up as new and don't restore from a backup.

Before doing this, you can sync contacts to Google or Outlook. Apps and music to iTunes.

sondenbreiter

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Camera missing on 3GS ios4 fixed by checking restrictions settings

I had the same problem. Turned out the upgrade to ios4 had muddled my restrictions settings (see settings/general/restrictions) and had turned on the restriction for camera... so it disappears completely. Turned off the restriction and camera was back in operation.

Mfo

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Camera restriction greyed out on 3Gs with iOS4

My camera app is missing after upgrading.

Restrictions setting is Off. When I turned it On, the option for Camera is set to Off, however the entire Camera option is greyed out and can't be set to On.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.