iOS 4 crashing itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cragamuffin, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Cragamuffin macrumors newbie

I installed iOS 4 on my 3GS however every time I click on iTunes it crashes and closes. The other apps are working ok, but now I have no music. Please can you help?

2. iPegboy macrumors regular

I'm having a similar issue. iTunes Store works, but if I download a podcast, it doesn't appear in my iPod. And every time I open the iPod, it crashes. I've reset several times, and the same thing happens.

May try to reinstall iOS4. Any other suggestions out there for similar issues before going through the total reinstall?

3. MikeTerror macrumors newbie

Running iOS4 on a 3GS. The iPod app is crashing for me too. Lame.

4. Cragamuffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Reset worked

I just spent an hour re-setting the iPhone and that seemed to work. However I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work in the first place because I ran the iOS4 update on a new iMac. It seems that there are bugs everytime an update is released.

5. PaulzMacRumors macrumors newbie

iOS Crashes iTunes after Purchase Downloads

Both my 3GS, and my wife's 3GS were updated to iOS 4.

Both our phones crashed after we use iTunes to make a purchase, and we were unable to find that purchase in iTunes, or using the search feature.

She was able to resolve her issue by syncing with iTunes. Resetting our iPhones (holding down Wake/Sleep + Home Button) did not fix this.

I hope Apple addresses this soon, as it seems like this issue is widespread. I'm surprised this is the only place that is talking about it.