iOS 4 GM from jailbreak- lost 3g and MMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphnhelp, Jun 16, 2010.

1. iphnhelp macrumors regular

I updated from jailbroken 3.1.2 to 4 GM thinking it would erase all jailbreak data and give a clean install of 4. Everything went great but my 3GS doesn't have 3G data or MMS available. I've seen other with this problem but no solution.

I'd like to just restore and start over- but when I try to restore in iTunes I get errors when it checks on Apple's servers.

Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You should be able to restore to 3.1.3 (or to 3.1.2 if you have hashes saved for 3.1.2 using Saurik's method)

3. supernovax macrumors newbie

I had this problem when I UPGRADED to 4 GM. I then RESTORED 4 GM and all this fixed it.

4. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

same prob...when i went back to 3.1.3...i still dont have mms...but everything else is fine. one week till everything is fine.

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I seemed to have that problem until I went to photos, I choose a photo from there and sent it. Then I did a hard reset (home and power button) and everything was fine after that.....u gotta do a little experimenting...lol

6. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i was jb 3gs 3.1.2 and used the restore option to install ios4. everything worked perfectly. i dont know if it matters to use the update option or the restore option. when everything was installed, in itunes i setup as 'new' phone and NOT use any backup.

did you use backup? maybe it screwed up the ios4 if you used one of your backup.

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

This.

I wanted to try GM more than I want to JB. I'm going to run w/o a JB until one is released officially. Until them I am going to play around with 4.0 on a clean install—which fixed my network problems.

8. iphnhelp thread starter macrumors regular

I did restore from a backup (my jailbroke 3.1.3 backup) after the 4.0 update and every time I'd loose mms, 3g. SO as of now I just started as a new phone- lost text etc. but that seems to be the only solution. If only I could scrub whatever Spirit did to my backup- if I ever jailbreak again I will keep a backup from before I jailbreak.