iOS 4 GM on 3GS and now 3G doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liv2wrshp, Jun 8, 2010.

1. liv2wrshp macrumors member

I just upgraded my iPhone 3GS to the GM and my 3G or edge doesn't give me any internet. I've reset the phone, reset the network setting and still nothing. Any ideas?

2. agalenko macrumors newbie

same here

same story here - everything works except for internet over 3g/edge.

Did you hit restore or update to install iOS4? I did simple update on JB with Spirit iPhone.

Maybe full restore will solve the problem but I didnt have time to try it.

3. liv2wrshp thread starter macrumors member

I finally got it to work,but I had to restore and set it up as a new phone. I restored once from a back up and it didn't work. It's working fine now.

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

That's the risk of installing software which is not meant to be used on your main phone.

5. liv2wrshp thread starter macrumors member

6. ALXKRFT macrumors newbie

damn. any other solutions? exact same prob here. is there any backup extractor which can handle iOS4gm files?

or could you use a backup after a fully restore and new setup? i cant miss my sms etc

7. truciet macrumors 6502

If you were jailbroken before, DON'T restore. You have to setup as a new phone since the backup has jailbroken files meant for 3.X and not 4.0.

8. ALXKRFT macrumors newbie

yeah already happened. looking for a backupextractor for iOS 4gm backup files

9. otis123 macrumors 6502a

The GM is the same build that will be pushed out through iTunes, so it is mean to be used on your main phone.

10. ALXKRFT macrumors newbie

do i have any other possibilites now? fuly restore is not an option. the least 3.1.3 backup for a 3.1.3 downgrade is 2 months old... so downgrade wont be an option until i can use the iOS 4 backup...