iOS 4 Issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ViViDboarder, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'm posting in the Hacks forum because I'm jailbroken and most standard iPhone users won't have iOS4.

I'm getting a few issues with the GM right now. The biggest is my email inbox.

I notice that some new emails show up with the correct subject but not the correct preview text. Other times, there'll be a badge for a new email and it'll say there's 1 unread email in one of my inboxes but it's not actually there.

The last issue takes a picture to explain... The From and To names become very messed up.

Anyone else getting these? Or is it just me?

Attached Files:

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have one Gmail and one other e-Mail account and am not experiencing any of these problems.

Guess I am lucky.

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

gosh, everyone is so up to date! i feel i might become TheSpaz of 3.1.2

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Heh... Don't let my iPhone 2G hear you...

5. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Haha. I was on 3.1 until Friday when I went to 4.0. Now I'm thinking of pulling a TheSpaz and rolling back. :p

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

7. tuna macrumors 6502

I'm on iOS 4 GM and I can't say that I've had this particular problem, but the thing as a whole is definitely more buggy than the last release of OS 3.

One problem I had was that my contacts inexplicably were not being sorted correctly, with some being sorted by their first name and some being sorted by their last name. This issue seems to have resolved itself, possibly after I reset the phone.

Another problem I had was that I was trying to share some files using the MobileMe iDisk app. I kept trying to share it over and over again but it took about 15 tries before I saw confirmation emails in my mobileme inbox that the two files had each been sent once. Maybe the iDisk app isn't OS 4 compliant?

The OS and apps as a whole definitely seem much less stable, but I can't say that I've been having your exact problem. I have a mobileme email account and a gmail account syncing through exchange.

I guess try a hard reset, and if that fails, try restoring the phone to iOS 4 again. If that fails, maybe your iOS 4 file got corrupted somehow, try redownloading it.

8. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Thanks for the input. I'll try to do a restore when I get some time. Basically reading emails is hit or miss for me... And that's one of the most used features for me.

9. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

then we can just call it team spaz. I'm on 3.1.2 and was told at this point there's no need to even update to 3.1.3 with iOS4 coming out in about a week.