Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heskech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Anyone receiving MMS from non-iPhones? If so, from non-iPhones on a different carrier than yours?

I am able to send and receive MMS to/from other iPhones but when someone without an iPhone sends me an MMS, I receive: "Callback #: XXX-XXX-XXXX". This was not an issue with iPhone OS 3.x. I've reproduced the problem on three different phones all running iOS 4 (a 3GS and 2x iPhone 4's).

On all three iPhones, we have tried resetting network settings, but this doesn't fix it.

heskech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Sending MMS via email used to work and now it doesn't (e.g. sending email to <phonenumber>@mobile.mycingular.com) with iOS 4. Again, can reproduce on 3 different AT&T phones.

The MMS is received by the iPhone w/ iOS 4 but there no photo.

ksavage523

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2007
Sending MMS via email used to work and now it doesn't (e.g. sending email to <phonenumber>@mobile.mycingular.com) with iOS 4. Again, can reproduce on 3 different AT&T phones.

The MMS is received by the iPhone w/ iOS 4 but there no photo.

I am having the same issue. When I send a photo to an iPhone through MMS it goes through fine. When someone sends me a message from a different carrier (Droid) I just get the MMS alert with their name and nothing in it.

modyssey

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I ran in to something similar this morning. I logged in to AT&T and noticed there was a new messaging option (at least new to me). One was for iPhone Unlimited and the other was listed as Messaging Unlimited. I switched to the Messaging Unlimited, which was the same price as iPhone Unlimited...problem solved, but still a PITA trying to figure out WTF. I hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.