iOS 4 pictures are looking wonky now

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EddieRebel, Jun 21, 2010.

1. EddieRebel macrumors newbie

So I just finished upgrading to iOS 4.0 and I've let it reboot and go through all the usual upgrade procedures in iTunes. For some reason all of my pictures now have this weird look to them. Here's a screenshot of one that I uploaded to Flickr:

[​IMG]

My pictures always looked normal until the upgrade. I haven't found one image saved on my phone that looks normal. Anybody else run into this? Is it possible that iTunes had me download the files for the iPhone 4 with the higher resolution screen?

Also, I poked around in the General and Photo settings and was not able to find some new option that might indicate why this is happening.

Thanks in advance!

2. EddieRebel thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind. I'm in the middle of my third sync and this time it is finally going through and Optimizing Photos for the iPhone. Maybe this will help someone else if their phone doesn't optimize them on the first sync after upgrading...

3. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Did that fix it? Looks almost like you're using the 5X zoom.

4. xanatos macrumors regular

Think you gotta resync again. After I installed and resyncd it optimized all my photos again..

I hate how the albums are displayed now.everythings all squished together and organized by date instead of name now.

5. cfrass66 macrumors newbie

Same issue here with my photos looking like complete crap. I haven't sync'ed since the upgrade. I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning. Thanks

6. EddieRebel thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, do one more sync and that should fix it. It took mine a while (1750 photos) but now all of the pictures look normal. I meant to post that earlier but I was busy playing with 4.0 and forgot to check here. Hope this helps!

7. Indifferent1 macrumors newbie

Optimize Sure. But every time?

So my some 2,000 photos have been sync'd and optimized. But it seems that each time I sync my library, iTunes wants to sync my photos all over again. Geez... that's too much time.

Shouldn't it just optimize photos that are not resident in the iPhone at the start of each sync?

This constant sync, resync and optimize is just not acceptable because it takes too damn long.