iOS 4 Release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lynkynpark86, Jun 20, 2010.

1. lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

Long story short, I want to make 100% SURE I get the new iOS 4 tomorow (6/21/10). I know from the 3.0 release that the servers may overload (they were probably upgraded, but how would I know?). I was wondering what time the new software ships. Since apple is a big company, I would assume midnight pacific time. If anyone knows/suspects differently, please post a reply. Thanks.
    :apple: :apple: :apple:

2. celticpride678

This has been asked MANY times before...search the forums.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No one knows and there have already been over 8 threads asking the same exact thing in the past hour...

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If we knew, there would be 5 threads saying when its out. Did Apple say anything about iPhone 4 preorder time? No?

5. draz macrumors 6502a

If at first you don`t succeed. Try, try, again (to get the iOS4 update of course)

6. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I'm curious what time they've historically released major iOS upgrades.

7. celticpride678

Sometime in the afternoon.

8. lynkynpark86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oops...

I figured this would not be on the forums ("how many more seconds 'till my 'settings' app is in a folder???"), so I figured I would just ask. Anyway, I will be trying at midnight, and if it's a failure, I will set my alarm and try again at 3 AM (I live in eastern, so 3 AM would be midnight at apple HQ). I am a total app freak, and I'm sick of scanning my apps daily to see how many I can delete, and therefore download new ones. This will finally be over with folders. I will barely use 2 pages, and I can download to my hearts content and never fill that 11th page ever again!!! (until I upgrade to a 64GB when 4th gen iPod Touch is released :cool: ) . Anyway, I should probably go try to find my life that apple, facebook, and nintendo worked together to steal.

9. ThrillHouseMD macrumors member

Last two big releases came 1:00-2:00 pm EST (10-11 am PST).

10. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I doubt it will be midnight on either coast. You might as well keep sleeping if you're going to bed. Why go through the trouble of waking up at 3 when it probably won't be available and you could just get it in the morning?

I hope it comes out at midnight, I'm just saying I don't think it will.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

2.0 was released sometime around 4-5am (PDT) because I left to the Apple store shortly after 5am to wait in line, and I had already begun to download the software, but because of server issues, I didn't wait for it to download all the way, I just left it downloading.

3.0 was released around 10am (PDT)