iOS 4 Safari Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OGDaniel, Jul 8, 2010.

1. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I didn't find any threads talking about my problem, so forgive me if I missed one.

After upgrading to iOS 4, whenever I went into Safari, it took a few minutes to reload my last page, but now it started just bugging out for a few minutes and giving me a new blank page. And then after browsing for not that long it crashes and usually messes up my whole device. I then have to set it down and wait until it gets a hold of itself and returns to an unfrozen state. I reset the network settings on the device itself many times, and I restored the device once already.

Anybody having similar problems? Not just the super slow switching between tabs, but complete application crashing and device freezing.

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I havent heard of this before, did you restore it as a new device?

3. iMichaela macrumors member

iMichaela

I've had this problem. But I can't set it up for a new device. Well, not because I really can't...

It gets really annoying. Any solutions?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Uhhmmmm... You can try turning off push notifications but thats supposed to help with battery life.

5. OGDaniel thread starter macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Yeah I did it as a new device. I've never had a problem with it before.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

The only other solution i have is to downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware.

7. OGDaniel thread starter macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I was thinking that too, but I just solved my problem. About 6 months I had similar problems recurring for about a week, but not just in Safari, the whole device was performing terribly. I just finished another restore, and didn't load up all the available 7 GB, but I left about 1 and a half gigs available, and everything is working smoothly as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the input everyone :)

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Glad to help! :D