iOS 4 Seems to have broken my 3G Data Access

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by euphoneia, Jun 21, 2010.

1. euphoneia macrumors newbie

Indeed, iOS 4 Seems to have broken my 3G Data Access. I cannot access mail, stocks, weather, anything. I am able to make calls and receive text message. Earlier today I updated to OS4 with relatively no troubles, aside from the time it took to download it. Any thoughts? Ideas? Of course, I bring my laptop to Starbucks only to realize I don't have a cable to connect my phone to my laptop. Duh. Might have to come back. Help?

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Alot of people have reported this problem..

For some it was simply restoring from backup. Others it was setting the phone up as new and then restoring.... And then for some no luck

3. euphoneia thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm digging through threads but I can't find anyone stating this issue, must be missing them due to panic. Where are they? I'm running home to get a damn iphone cable. Thanks.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Well there have been quite a few posts recently... Tho it would take a bit of effort to find.

Although handy Google does show that alot of web results about it. Might also want to search on MMS as well as Visual Voicemail issues are related to the Data access issues.

The responses have been similar though. Restore from backup or setting up as new phone and then doing a restore after.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Turn the 3g off (in settings) then turn it back on.

6. euphoneia thread starter macrumors newbie

This had no effect.

I am currently restoring. Looks like restoring from a back up brings the problem back, might bite the bullet and set up as new phone to see if that fixes it.

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Restoring is the only thing that worked for me.

8. euphoneia thread starter macrumors newbie

What's frustrating is I cannot restore my phone without an Internet connection, I am currently using a neighbors wifi signal on my phone which isn't strong enough to be picked up on my laptop.
    Called AT&T, the nice lady said NYC is experiencing an outage. Right. Well, I guess I wait.

9. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
  10. dirtymack macrumors newbie

Had the same problem of no MMS or data access after updating a jail broken 3GS. I tried restoring, and reinstalling iOS4, to no avail.
    I eventually restored and set it up as a new phone, effectively installing a "clean" version of the OS, and that did the trick, *but* I lost all of my text messages and who knows what else.

Now that i have a properly functioning OS4 (with MMs capability - an indicator that the OS4 installed correctly) I'll restore from a previous backup to see if i've synced all of my previous data.

11. euphoneia thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what I'm doing as well. I figure I'm getting a new phone in a few days anyway, I don't have anything on my backups that I can't live without. Will report back.

12. loveturtle macrumors member

13. euphoneia thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure as monkeys fling poo, restoring as a new phone fixed all my problems. Thanks for everyone helping out.
    If you didn't jailbreak something bad must've gone wrong during download, restore, or both. Start from scratch if you can?

14. jmittens24 macrumors newbie

airplane mode on then off, it fixed my issues, forced the phone to search for signal.