ios 4 wallpaper question (how to use custom image)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kashchei, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I have been enjoying the various threads related to ios 4 wallpaper and I have a simple question to ask: how does one change the wallpaper to one of these custom images? I have looked at DiskAid and iPhone Explorer so far, and neither seems to point towards the wallpaper folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

2. Kashchei thread starter macrumors 65816

Kashchei

3. celticpride678

To use application's like iPhoneExplorer (or just to access the file directory of iOS), you must jailbreak.

4. Kashchei thread starter macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I didn't realize that either. Thank you very much for the help!

I think I'm just going to enjoy the wallpaper Apple provided.

5. justinwebb macrumors regular

how would you go about making the background change, i used to be able to manage this with bosspaper in older firmware but now when i enable it its just the stock wallpaper that never changes and cant get my wallpaper over it

6. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I'm confused by the previous answers, but to set your own wallpaper all you have to do is save the pic to your iphone, then you look for the picture in your phone, click on the square with the arrow pointing to the right ( the first icon at the bottom ) and chose Use as Wallpaper, from there you can use it for your lock screen or home screen or both...

Not sure if that is what the op is looking for...:confused:

7. celticpride678

In your signature, you say you have an iPhone 3GS, so follow the steps below to get a wallpaper.

You can only do that if you have an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod touch 3rd generation. Any other models do not support it.