IOS 5.0.1. and Gevey

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dcecavac, Nov 13, 2011.

1. dcecavac macrumors newbie

iTunes accidentally updated my iphone to IOS 5.0.1. Please Help

I was going to update to IOS5 my iphone 4 with Gevey sim. I've first created a custom IPSW file in order to preserve the baseband. Then i put the iPhone in Pwned DFU mode and went on iTunes to restore it.

Now the funny thing happened and i got screwed, when i pressed restore, iTunes did not give me an option to browse and select custom IPSW file that i've created, only to "cancel" or to "restore and update" option, also it has downloaded the IOS 5.0.1. and now i got IOS 5.0.1. with baseband 4.11.08. and can't use Gavey...

how screwed i am? is my only option to wait that Gevey releases updated sim to IOS 5.0.1.? would it work with Gevey Supreme?

Appreciate your input,
    daniel

2. duncho macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about Gavey, whether it already supports iOS 5. When you want to restore with customized IPSW just hold down the SHIFT key. Otherwise will happen what already happened. However, nothing is lost if you have backup of your SHSH blobs. Then you can easily revert back to your old iOS.

3. dcecavac thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i do, but i am still not able to use my phone with gevey because it has a baseband 4.11.08. did not know about holding down the shift key...damn

thanks though

4. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

Just download with the os that you have saved and it will go back and then do it again. I also have an iPhone 4 with gevey sim and first of all I had no problem upgrading to 5.0 and my baseband was saved I used snowbreeze. But the first time I did it I did a jailbreak (tethered) and I was not happy with that so I redid it and went back to to stock. Sometimes I wonder would it just be easier to just buy an unlock phone from apple.

5. dcecavac thread starter macrumors newbie

you mean downgrade to IOS5 which I have custom IPSW file? does that mean that i have preserved the baseband within that file? are you sure i can downgrade from 5.0.1. to 5.0.0 ? thanks

6. DangerPanda macrumors member

Once the baseband is updated you cannot downgrade it anymore, your only option is to wait for new gevey now.

7. dcecavac thread starter macrumors newbie

8. zahi.baroudi macrumors newbie

Downgrade you baseband

You can simply downgrade you baseband to 4.10.01 and use Gevey.
    check how you can do it:
    http://www.techuelx.com/how-to-down...1-08-to-4-10-01-to-unlock-with-gevey-sim.html

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

As of now, you can't downgrade Iphone baseband. The link was correct at the time because during that time (October 17), Apple released OS5 with baseband 04.11 while they were still signing 4.3.5 baseband 04.10. So, whoever upgrade to OS5 with baseband 04.11 can immediately downgrade their phone to 4.3.5 baseband 04.10.

Since then, Apple is no longer signing 4.3.5 or any firmware below it with lower baseband. Even you have SHSH blobs save for lower firmware, you can downgrade the firmware but not its baseband. So, once you stuck with 04.11 baseband, you can't downgrade.

10. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

You will have to wait like the rest of us who have an iPhone 4 with baseband of 4.11.08 and 5.01 OS. We are hoping that the Dev. Team will find an unlock for this. I do hope they help us out and work on this too.

I know the 4s is the focus, but please don't forsake the middle child (4.11.08). :)

11. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Dev.team ? Unlock ? 1 year and a couple of months have passed since the first and only soft. Unlock after ios 4 was released :( maybe the people from gevey can work something out and even that took several months.

12. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

So Itunes got a hold of your iphone, then plugged it into your computer or pressed all the buttons on itself and agreed to the update?

Right. Take responsibility for your own actions. Stop spreading FUD.

13. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

This has got to be one of the most useless responses ever. Not only do you reprimand him for something he explains in his post, you offer no insight at all...why post?

Did you read the remainder of his post?

He does take responsibility for his actions...(kind of). Admittedly it's easy to see he didn't read a guide (if he was using one) closely enough to read the "push shift + restore" part, but it's not like he said 'OMG MY FRIEND'S GRANDFATHER'S GERBIL ACCIDENTALLY UPGRADED MY IPHONE'. Come on bro...kind of an unfair post.

To respond to OP...(who is probably not around anymore), I would recommend selling your phone on Craigslist and look into buying one with 04.10 baseband or lower, if it's necessary. iPhone 4 devices are all pretty much similarly priced...for now, you won't find an iPhone 4 with 04.10 baseband worth too much more than an iPhone 4 with 04.11.

Downgrading baseband is, afaik, impossible on iPhone 4...if you are really patient and think you can wait it out (remember...it's been 1.25 years since the last soft unlock was released and like...a few months since any noticeable Gevey update), then wait it out.