iOS 5.0.1 and GPS/Location Services not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by inflame, Jan 6, 2012.

1. inflame macrumors newbie

After updating to iOS 5.0.1 i noticed that GPS/Location services doesn't work unless i use WiFi or Celular Data. It worked when i was on 4.3.3 without Wi-Fi or Celular Data.

Apps such as MAPS don't work unless i have Wi-Fi turned On, which wasn't needed before.

Pedometer Pro GPS also says i don't have a GPS (GPS is not supported by your device), no matter if i have Wi-Fi or not.

I've used Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and i'm on iPhone 4.

:(

2. inflame thread starter macrumors newbie

Restoring to original Firmware also does the same (No GPS without WiFi/ or Celular Data), so it's not a jailbreak problem. Unfortunately i can't go back to 4.3.3 which was the original one because TU only backed up 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 SHSH blobs and iTunes gives 3194 and 2005 errors. Trying to restore to 4.3.4 is also a no go even without errors and using SHSH blob. Might have missed a thing or two.

TL;DR seems to be an issue with iOS 5 (using 5.0.1, no idea about 5.0)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

My GPS works fine, even in airplane mode (no Wifi, no data). Of course the Maps application cannot load the map, but if you have an app with stored maps it works fine (oMaps, Europe Offline maps, ...)

iOS 5.0.1 with Corona untethered JB.

4. inflame thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, it's working fine now. No idea what i did, except using the same JB in first post and installing all the Cydia apps i had. Maybe some interference or Satellite problem? Dunno, works great now. If for some reason it happens again and i manage to know what caused it i'll post here.

Pedometer still says GPS is not supported by your device btw

iPhone says "Turn on cellular data or use wi-fi to access data" when opening Maps.

EDIT: Doesn't work again. =)