ios 5.0.1 jailbreak problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bhubiz, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bhubiz macrumors newbie

hey i have a factory unlocked iphone 4 on ios 5.0.1 with baseband 04.11.08. when jailbreak with redsn0w 09.9b8 i get cydia is a plain white icon and when i press it ... it loads for 1 second and auto exits ...it does the same for safari as well... what maybe the problem and how can i resolve it ?

thanks

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

3. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Run redsn0w again and hit extras then click just boot tethered.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yeah. Like Rick said, you have a tethered jailbreak because yours is on 5.0.1. Just boot tethered with redsn0w and it will fix your problem.

My recommendation is to install semi tether immediately because once you install any package contains mobilsubstrate, your phone will hang at Apple logo once your reboot.

also, search and learn about tethered jailbreak vs untethered jailbreak so you know what you are getting into.

5. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

I've found semi tethered not to be as effective as it was when it first came out.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It works fine on my iphone 4 OS5 as of today.

7. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Sometimes it will work others it won't, don't be too reliant on it that's all I'm saying.

8. bhubiz thread starter macrumors newbie

with my other iphone 4 ios 5.0 after jailbreak it hangs on the apple logo while booting ... and then i did a just boot and it works ...but with this other iphone 4 after jailbreak it boots by itself and the cydia icon is plain white and as i said before doesn't open. i tried switching it off and then running redsnow "just boot", but the same white icon exists.

please help

9. bhubiz thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all for your response. I have fixed the problem. I just downloaded the latest redsn0w 09.9b9 and it worked. i guess redsn0w 09.9b8 could not recognize the official 5.0.1 ipsw and i was using the 5.0. redsn0w 09.9b9 did recognise ios 5.0.1 and thus worked like a jem.

:)