iOS 5.0.1 On 3GS battery life sucks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FlamingRain, Jan 10, 2012.

1. FlamingRain macrumors newbie

I've got a 3GS running GoPhone (AT&T Prepaid).

My battery life drains enormously fast. This morning in the time it took to take it off the charger (at 100%), take a shower (with the screen and apps off), open 1 page in Safari and then close it, and listen to 1 song, the battery drained to 95%. At first I had an untethered 5.0.1 Jailbreak, however I needed not to use the JB features anymore and suspected my crap battery life because of it. I de jailbroke it and the battery life suckage still remains. All of my cellular data is turned off and I'm connected to WiFi so my battery should not be eating up juice like that. I'm getting slightly concerned because in less than entire school day (6 hours) I ran the battery down to 15%. The phone died before I even got home last night, and I couldn't charge it because of my broken wall-to-usb connector.

Is it just my phone or am I doing it wrong?

2. birdhouse1575 macrumors newbie

How many applications are open? Hold the home button and see how many apps you can scroll through on the bottom of the screen. If you don't use any, press and hold an icon and they will wiggle and show a red "-" sign. Press those to kill the apps.

If you leave your phone charging while the battery is full for prolonged periods of time, it takes away from the battery's lifetime. Consider replacing the battery if this is the case. They're very cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Apple-i..._Accessories&hash=item4cfd77657e#ht_500wt_928